ID for US Air Travel

January 12th, 2008 / admin / Comments Off on ID for US Air Travel

Don’t get turned away at a U.S. airport for not having proper identification. As you probably already know, all U.S. airlines are now much stricter in their identification requirements. A government issued photo ID of some sort that is not expired (e.g.–state-issued driver’s license) is the best form of identification and will suffice. If you don’t have that available, then TWO forms of other ID will be required, one of which must be issued by a government office (e.g.– social security card or voter’s registration card). From recent personal experience, I was reminded of needing two forms of other ID when my driver’s license was lost while traveling. If you have a valid passport, you can, of course, show that but you may not want to carry that for domestic travel to avoid it getting lost or stolen.

Checking Weather Before Your Trip

December 12th, 2007 / admin / Comments Off on Checking Weather Before Your Trip

An easy-to-read website for quickly checking the weather before your travel to anywhere in the world is It not only gives you a several day forecast, but year-round mean temperatures and precipitation which may help in making travel plans.