ID for US Air Travel12 Jan 2008

Don’t get turned away at a U.S. airport for not having proper identification. As you probably already know, all U.S. airlines are now much stricter in their identification requirements. A government issued photo ID of some sort that is not expired (e.g.–state-issued driver’s license) is the best form of identification and will suffice. If you don’t have that available, then TWO forms of other ID will be required, one of which must be issued by a government office (e.g.– social security card or voter’s registration card). From recent personal experience, I was reminded of needing two forms of other ID when my driver’s license was lost while traveling. If you have a valid passport, you can, of course, show that but you may not want to carry that for domestic travel to avoid it getting lost or stolen.

Categories : Travel Tips

Comments are closed.