Belle Provence, France’s Southern Jewel
Sunny skies, multi-colored fields, perfumed air, and charming medieval villages await your discovery in beautiful Provence. No other area in France, or Europe for that matter, boasts such a rich tapestry of history, delectable wines, abundantly varied cuisine, and inviting countryside. This women’s travel tour will immerse you in the beauty of this abundantly rich area of southern France.
Your unforgettable journey will begin in the Luberon area of Provence where you will prepare a gourmet lunch with a well-known chef and shop in a colorful outdoor market where local farmers bring their produce and goods. Explore the surrounding countryside, sample a variety of delicious Rhone wines and chocolate, and feast on Provençal cuisine. Your journey will continue to Haute-Provence where you will relax in a 17th-century hotel in a small medieval village. Let your senses delight in all this region offers as you leisurely walk through quaint villages with your professional bi-lingual French guide. Round out your Provence immersion exploring Avignon, former home to seven Popes while enjoying the comfort of your 4-star hotel.
Your tour will begin May 25, 2014
Included in this tour:
- Most meals: Daily Breakfast (B), 4 Lunches (L), 4 Dinners (D)
- All local transportation, including transfers to and from Avignon train station
- Superior room accommodations
- All entrance fees to guided sightseeing activities and wine tasting
- Regional wine with dinners as indicated on itinerary
- Cooking class with well-known local chef
- Full-time tour manager and local bi-lingual guide
- International airfare
- Gratuity to local bi-lingual guide
- Personal purchases
- Charges to hotel room such as telephone, laundry, room service, spa treatments, Internet service, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages except regional wine as mentioned above
- Travel Insurance
$3950 USD per person, based on double occupancy
Single supplement $600 additional
Limited to 8 guests; GUARANTEED DEPARTURE WITH MIN 5 GUESTS – Reserve Now
Your Tour Guide Assisting Jan Acorn on this tour is Eric, a bi-lingual native of Toulouse, France. He has led tours throughout France and Switzerland for over 12 years and specializes in leading American tours. He enjoys every opportunity to share his knowledge of French history and culture in a fun and engaging way!