The Pays Basque & French Pyrénées
A mélange of colors awakes your senses in the Pays Basque and Pyrénées Mountains. Taste the clean salty air of the sapphire blue Atlantic, smell the freshness of the green forests and lush mountain valleys, gaze at vibrant building façades and festive clothing unique to the Basque people, and feel the strong deep traditions embodied in the ancient grey stone of this unique region.
Overlooked by most travelers, be one of the few to experience the luxurious coast of southwestern
France, the picturesque charm of mountain villages, and the historic beauty of Toulouse, capital of the Languedoc region. Your women-only journey will include cooking regional cuisine, a divine chocolate demonstration and tasting, wine and cheese tastings, visiting the sacred pilgrimage site of Lourdes, and leisurely scenic walks.
Tour begins June 2, 2013 in Biarritz
Included in this tour:
- Most meals: Daily Breakfast (B), 3 Lunches (L), 5 Dinners (D)
- Superior room accommodations
- All entrance fees to guided sightseeing activities and wine & cheese tasting
- Cooking class; all local transportation
- Regional wine with meals included on itinerary
- Full-time tour leader and local professional guide
- Alcoholic beverages (other than described in itinerary)
- Personal purchases
- Charges to hotel room such as telephone, laundry, room service, spa treatments, Internet service, etc.
- Gratuity to local professional guide
- International airfare
- Travel Insurance
$3650.00 USD per person based on double occupancy
Single supplement $400 additional
Limited to 8 guests; GUARANTEED DEPARTURE WITH MIN 4 GUESTS – Reserve Now
Your Tour Guide
Assisting Jan Acorn on this tour is Eric, a bi-lingual native of Toulouse, France. He has led tours throughout France and Switzerland for over 12 years and specializes in leading American tours. He enjoys every opportunity to share his knowledge of French history and culture in a fun and engaging way!