Archive for Women’s Tours
8 Travel Tips to Paris 18 Sep 2014
Paris has always been the top travel destination for couples but the City of Lovers is also a favorite of women going on tours with their girlfriends. We even included it in our list of Top 9 Destinations for Girlfriend Getaways.
Paris in August can be fun but going to the city anytime of the year is quite lovely especially when you’re travelling with the people you love.
Almost anyone who has been to Paris would say the city is simply beautiful. Whether you’re on a honeymoon, a specialty tour, or a women-only tour, you will have the best time in Paris. Follow these simple travel tips and you’re guaranteed of a memorable trip:
- Prepare your itinerary.
Research early on what to do and where to stay while in Paris. Map out your itinerary and prepare a schedule.
- Have a map handy.
You can get a real map or download a Maps app on your smartphone or tablet to use. A guide map will help you to not get lost in the city.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower.
Of course, a trip to Paris won’t be complete without seeing the Eiffel Tower. If you want to go up the tower, expect long lines wrapping the structure. The best time to go there is early in the morning and very late at night to avoid the rush.
- Make sure you visit the most popular sites in Paris.
The Notre Dame, The Louvre, and the Luxembourg Garden are only some of the must-see tourist spots in the city. Make the most of your Parisian trip by having your photo taken in these places.
- Buy a metrocard.
You will be riding the subway a lot so it is advisable you buy a day pass. It’s cheaper, more economical, and more convenient to use.
- Buy a museum pass.
You will also be visiting a lot of museums. Get a museum pass and you’ll save money.
- Memorize key phrases.
Learn the basic French phrases so you’ll survive in the city. “Merci!” means ‘Thank you’. “Ou est le metro?” means “Where is the subway?”. To ask “Do you speak English?”, say “Parlez-vous Anglais?”.
- Get on a boat cruise in the evening.
End the day with a lovely boat cruise along the Seine River. Discover the City of Lights. You’ll see the beauty of Paris all lit up.
Gateway Destinations can plan a luxurious Parisian trip for you. The team knows best how a women-only journey should go. Taste the regional wines at a local vineyard, learn the secrets of cooking rustic French dishes, or just shop in Paris to your heart’s content.
Going on a fun getaway with your closest girlfriends is important once in a while. You deserve it. If you’re a busy career woman, wife, and mother, you have to take a break on go on a vacation with the ladies in your life.
An adventure with your partner or vacation with the family can be exciting but you still need your girls to keep your sanity. Last week, we presented the Top 9 Destination for Girlfriend Getaways. (Have you chosen your first destination yet?)
This time, we’ll help you plan that upcoming girlfriend getaway for a more memorable bonding experience:
- LET IT GO.
Let go of the stress and the guilt of going on a trip. You don’t have to feel guilty of taking a vacation without with your spouse and kids. You’re not leaving them forever so don’t feel sorry for them. You’re only taking some time away to recharge and refocus. You don’t want to be too stressed in life so a quick vacation will help.
- DISCUSS WITH YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER.
Just because you want to go on a vacation and you deserve it, it doesn’t mean you can just pack your suitcase and go. You have to let your family know and make them understand that you need this trip.
- GIVE MEANING TO YOUR TRIP.
You’ve been working too hard in your office or as a hands-on homemaker. You need to celebrate milestones in your life and one way is to go on a getaway with your girlfriends. If there’s no other reason to celebrate, you can still do so just because YOU’RE A WOMAN.
- DECIDE ON A DATE.
Because all women are busy, it’s important that you plan ahead. Make a survey of when most of your friends are available. Coordinate with them on the following holidays and maybe check promos on Women-only Tours.
- ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP.
Divide the duties and plan ahead. Have one girlfriend book a hotel and another plan your itinerary. Then maybe you can make a checklist of what you need to bring or set the sleeping arrangements. Have your best friend suggest restaurants, tourist destinations, or entertainment. Don’t do the planning all by yourself.You can make a Facebook group or thread for your upcoming trip where you can share and discuss all your plans.
- DO YOUR CHORES.
“What? I thought I’m going on a vacation?” Yes. However, you still have duties and responsibilities. Don’t just leave without planning and prepping your household. Discuss with your partner. Make sure necessary things are done in advance or taken care of by somebody else.You can’t just leave your family. You’re too important. And of course, you don’t to think them all the time while you’re away, do you?
- RELAX. GO ON AND ENJOY.
It’s so easy to say but it can be a challenge for the OC (Obsessive-Compulsive) and busy women. Relax. It’s just a short trip. Time to refresh and get away. Think of this as a special “business trip” where you need to attend a workshop or seminar for your enrichment.
Top 9 Destinations for Girlfriend Getaways 07 Aug 2014
To travel with your significant other, your kids, and the rest of your family may be fun and memorable but sometimes, a woman needs to go on a break and enjoy a stress-free vacation with girlfriends.
Such trips would mean no lovers, no kids, and no work. It’s just you and your friends on a special women-only tour. Remember the time when you were young during weekend sleepovers? You can still do that but in a more mature and stylish way.
Why not travel in somewhere far where culture is different? A new experience in a new place is best enjoyed with your BFFs.
We’ve listed some of our top recommendations for women-only tours you and your girlfriends will enjoy:
- SOUTH AFRICA (African Beauty & The Beasts)A trip to South Africa for 11 days will let you experience the luxurious safari lodge, learn the history and local culture, see the picturesque countryside, and appreciate Cape Town. Enjoy the beaches, the penguins, some wine tasting, and a lot of shopping.
- ALSACE, FRANCE (The Alsatian Wine Route)Any town in France is a nice place to visit but the Alsatian Wine Route is for those who enjoy a good wine. Wines are abundant in Alsace thanks to the influence of Germany extending to food and architecture. Your Alsatian travel will begin in Strasbourg and then onto the countryside following the wine route to the beautiful villages of Colmar.
- BELLE PROVENCE, FRANCE (France’s Southern Jewel)What is it about France that is so special? There are so many things to love about the country but if you want to enjoy sunny blue skies, perfumed air, and multi-colored fields, then go to Belle Provence. This is considered as France’s Southern Jewel for its rich history and inviting countryside. You and the other women in your life can immerse in the beauty of southern France beginning in the Luberon area of Provence.
- TUSCANY, ITALY (Chianti Cooking & Tuscany Spa Retreat)The Italians definitely know how to cook. How about learning a thing or two from real Italian chefs? The cooking and spa retreat will let you taste the world-famous Chianti and Brunello wines, learn how to cook authentic Italian cuisine, and travel deep into the Tuscany countryside.
- INDIA (India Unveiled)Enjoy a 13-day adventure in India. Travel to discover the 2,000 year history of Delhi, experience being in an Indian family home, participate in a one-of-a-kind culinary experience, and enjoy a fun elephant ride in Amber Fort. And of course, let’s not forget viewing the magnificent Taj Mahal.
- PARIS, FRANCE (Paris Couture & Country Chateaux)The mere mention of Paris brings about thoughts of the Eiffel Tower and what else—shopping! But Paris is more than these two. The Paris Couture & Country Chateaux trip will let you explore the Loire Valley, taste regional wines at a local vineyard, and see the mushrooms in limestone caves. You can even learn the secrets of French cooking. All these and more before shopping to your heart’s content in Paris.
- FRENCH BASQUE COUNTRY (The Pays Basque & French Pyrenees)Awake your senses in the Pays Basque and Pyrénées Mountains. Enjoy the salty air of the Atlantic, the lush mountain valleys, and the green forests. When you’ve explored the nature, you can gaze at the vibrant building facades and the festive clothing of the Basque people. Allow yourself to immerse in the charming secrets of southwestern France.
- PERU (Peru in All Its Splendor)Learn how the Peruvian women live. Explore the beauty of the Sacred Valley and learn about Peru’s colonial history by visiting a private colonial art collection. Visit a weaving project to learn more about the modern Peruvian women’s role in the society.
- COSTA RICA (Ultimate Yoga Bliss in Costa Rica)If you’re a yoga fanatic, join an ultimate yoga bliss retreat in Costa Rica with your girlfriends or yoga classmates. A wellness-focused Costa Rican getaway will help you rediscover yourself, improve your mood and mind, as well as, release stress. It’s about time you relax and break away from all the work and business of your everyday life. You deserve it.
Every woman deserves to go on a vacation. It will be more special and unforgettable when you go on a special getaway especially designed for the women. For a memorable, customized women-only tour, contact Gateway Destinations.
10 Reasons to Travel in a Women’s Group 08 Jul 2012
1. The experience is nothing less than extraordinary.
2. Tours, day trips, excursions, and activities are designed with you in mind and offer a unique perspective of the place you are visiting.
3. Live like a local through the eyes of your local guide.
4. You are likely to meet other women who will become your lifelong friends.
5. You can feel comfortable asking questions, and lots of them. Being in a close group makes it easy share experiences.
6. Know that you can travel safely in a group even if you don’t know someone else ready to buy a plane ticket to join you.
7. Nervous about traveling? Sit back and let the experts take care of it. Group leaders have experience in travel and often in the place you are in. They can point out unique spots, great eats, and expose you to a side of the place you are visiting that you would otherwise miss.
8. Group prices are often cheaper than individual. You can often save lots over individual pricing for normal traveling expenses such as guide services, entry fees, lodging and local transportation.
9. Learn to cook local cuisine, experience the highlights of each region visited and meet the locals.
10. The more the merrier! We know this well. Traveling alone or in a pair is rarely as much fun as with a group. Be prepared for great memories, laughter, and unforgettable fun.
Wine and Chocolate? 07 Jul 2012
Provence, France holds many treasures to be discovered throughout its varied rich landscape, but a lesser known delight is a decadent afternoon of wine and chocolate tasting. Flavorful wines can be explored after nearly every bend of the road, however, Bernard Castelain in Chateauneuf-du-Pape pairs chocolate with wine in a very informative and delicious way. This rocky region produces some of the best wines of southern France which are a delicious complement to the rich delicacies of this chocolatier.
A recent visit there as part of Gateway Destinations Belle Provence women’s only tour proved what a delightful afternoon these two tastings are! Spending a morning exploring villages and enjoying the colorful autumn scenery made for a perfect day in Provence. After a delicious lunch in a village café, we ventured to this beautiful area in the Rhone River valley. Not only were the tastings delicious, but there was an informative explanation and demonstration of how their chocolates are made.
Join us next May (or October) for our Belle Provence, France’s Southern Jewel tour as we return to this rich region to explore, taste and delight in all that Provence has to offer.