Archive for Travel Tips
5 Reasons Why You Should Travel 18 Dec 2014
They say traveling is a luxury. While it can be expensive especially when you’re going to the beautiful places in Europe, there are many ways you can save a lot of money.
Travelling can do many things to your soul. You can take a break from all the work and stress life brings. It’s okay to reward yourself from time to time because you’ve been working too hard. Sometimes, you need to clear yourself time out from everyday life so you’ll be refreshed and charged when you get back to your normal routine.
Here are some more reasons why you should travel:
1. You need a fresh perspective
Traveling will give you a totally new perspective on your life and many areas of it. If you need to make a decision about a confusing issue in your life right now, you have to go to a place that is different. It’s ideal to go to a different country where culture is completely different but you can still just go to another town or state. Visiting another place can put your problems in place. You can learn something new about other people, culture, and about your own life as well.
2. You need a timeout
There are times that you need to be free from all the stresses in life. Make an effort to clear time out from everyday life. Don’t wait for the time you’ll feel too stressed or trapped in your work. You need to get away from the familiar people, setup, or environment for a while. You have to spend some time alone too to just sit down and think about your life. Give yourself time to think about your direction in life.
3. You can meet new people
When you travel, you can meet new and interesting people. Talking to new people might give you a new perspective in life. You can learn a lot from them because of your many differences, you have a lot to talk about.
4. You have to go beyond your comfort zone
If you’ve been living in the same place or doing the same things over and over again, you need to break away from your routine for a while. Going beyond your comfort zones means veering away from the familiar people, places, and things that have made you too comfortable.
5. You need new ideas
Going out of your usual comfort zone will also give you new ideas. Traveling to a new place will show you that there are more things you have yet to know and discover. It’s nice to explore a place that you are not familiar with so you can get to know new things about the people, culture, traditions, or even new ideas and schools of thought that would help you in life.
Has Your Credit Card Kept Up With Technology? 15 Nov 2014
If you have traveled abroad in the last year or so, you likely experienced your credit card being declined by a merchant even though funds were available and you let your bank know where and when you were traveling. Many countries including the European Union, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and others have implemented a “chip and pin” (or EMV) technology for processing cards in order to reduce fraud. This has made our US-issued cards antiquated and often unable to be read by merchants with newer card technology, resulting in your purchase being denied. To help ensure smoother travels, request a replacement card from your bank that has an embedded microchip and 4-digit pin number before doing any foreign travel, or find a bank that will.
Have you ever experienced the inconvenience and even embarrassment of having your credit card declined for a purchase while traveling? Due to the increasing amount of fraud, card issuers are even more vigilant in approving charges that appear out of your customary spending habits. Make it a habit to call your bank or other card issuer before you leave home and let them know where and when you will be traveling.
10 Travel Tips to Peru 09 Oct 2014
Peru may not be the most popular destination for travelers but it is highly-recommended for women-only groups. What better way to learn the interesting life and work of the Peruvian women than with your girlfriends?
Gateway Destinations offers a customized tour package that lets you discover the mystical beauty of modern Peru.E xplore the Sacred Valley with Peru’s top historian as your tour guide. By visiting a private visit to the largest private colonial art collection in Latin America, you can learn about colonial history.
You can also learn more about art safari by going to a vibrant mountaintop city of Cuzco. And to learn the modern Peruvian women’s role in the society, visit a weaving project and a community agricultural site.
Our Peru In All Its Splendor women-only tour will be a 9-day journey that lets you discover art, beauty, and food in this South American country. It’s a trip worth taking as it is filled with many adventures. It’s not only fun, it’s also educational.
Traveling to Peru anytime soon? Here are some tips:
1. Take care of your migration card. An Andean Migration Card will be handed to you at the airport. It is imperative that you don’t lose it. Bring it with you everywhere because you’ll need the card especially when you check into hotels.
2. Hold onto your bag. Watch you bag and other belongings very carefully. It’s relatively safe in Peru but it’s best to be careful. You don’t know when pickpockets and thieves will strike.
3. Always bring wet wipes, tissues, and hand sanitizer with you. It’s best to be prepared and hygienic at all times.
4. Haggle. When shopping, it’s okay to haggle. Don’t pay more for stuff you usually find in your country. Check the quality. If you like the product, negotiate the price.
5. Most establishments accept soles or US dollars. It’s okay if you only have dollars with you because people will accept the American currency in Peru.
6. Wear sunscreen. Because the sun is intense in Peru, make sure you wear sunblock or sunscreen all the time. Even if it is cloudy, put on skin protection.
7. Wear comfortable clothes and footwear. It’s warm in Peru so wear light clothes and flip flops if possible. However, there will be a lot of walking so comfortable rubber shoes or sneakers are also recommended.
8. Choose street food vendors that have a lot of crowd. If you get hungry, there are street foods to choose form. Search for a crowd or those dining areas that have a lot of people so you know food is clean.
9. Always carry coins. Credit cards and debit cards are accepted almost everywhere in Peru but it’s best to have coins to pay for public restroom access or pay food street vendors.
10. Hot water is a luxury in Peru. Sorry, but you may have to shower with cold water while on tour.
More details about our Peru Tour Package HERE.
8 Travel Tips to Paris 18 Sep 2014
Paris has always been the top travel destination for couples but the City of Lovers is also a favorite of women going on tours with their girlfriends. We even included it in our list of Top 9 Destinations for Girlfriend Getaways.
Paris in August can be fun but going to the city anytime of the year is quite lovely especially when you’re travelling with the people you love.
Almost anyone who has been to Paris would say the city is simply beautiful. Whether you’re on a honeymoon, a specialty tour, or a women-only tour, you will have the best time in Paris. Follow these simple travel tips and you’re guaranteed of a memorable trip:
- Prepare your itinerary.
Research early on what to do and where to stay while in Paris. Map out your itinerary and prepare a schedule.
- Have a map handy.
You can get a real map or download a Maps app on your smartphone or tablet to use. A guide map will help you to not get lost in the city.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower.
Of course, a trip to Paris won’t be complete without seeing the Eiffel Tower. If you want to go up the tower, expect long lines wrapping the structure. The best time to go there is early in the morning and very late at night to avoid the rush.
- Make sure you visit the most popular sites in Paris.
The Notre Dame, The Louvre, and the Luxembourg Garden are only some of the must-see tourist spots in the city. Make the most of your Parisian trip by having your photo taken in these places.
- Buy a metrocard.
You will be riding the subway a lot so it is advisable you buy a day pass. It’s cheaper, more economical, and more convenient to use.
- Buy a museum pass.
You will also be visiting a lot of museums. Get a museum pass and you’ll save money.
- Memorize key phrases.
Learn the basic French phrases so you’ll survive in the city. “Merci!” means ‘Thank you’. “Ou est le metro?” means “Where is the subway?”. To ask “Do you speak English?”, say “Parlez-vous Anglais?”.
- Get on a boat cruise in the evening.
End the day with a lovely boat cruise along the Seine River. Discover the City of Lights. You’ll see the beauty of Paris all lit up.
Gateway Destinations can plan a luxurious Parisian trip for you. The team knows best how a women-only journey should go. Taste the regional wines at a local vineyard, learn the secrets of cooking rustic French dishes, or just shop in Paris to your heart’s content.